Taminmin College, along with providing quality education for students from years 7-12, provides nationally recognised training to students in years 10, 11 and 12 that allows students to develop a range of work skills that could lead to entry level positions in a range of industries. Taminmin College is registered with the Australian Skills Quality Agency (ASQA) as a training provider (RTO number 0855). For the full list of nationally accredited training programs that we deliver, please visit www.training.gov.au or click on the courses tab in the menu bar.
Taminmin College delivers nationally accredited (Vocational Education and Training) VET courses in a range of industry areas. Students complete industry qualifications which are recognised Australia wide and which link to entry-level employment, apprenticeships or traineeships and further training. Training is delivered in industry standard facilities:
• Automotive / Construction / Engineering Skill Centres
• Hospitality Skills Centre incorporating a Commercial Kitchen
• 75ha Mixed Produce Farm
• 150ha Natural Resource Study Area
• Information Technology Labs
As well as off-the-job training, programmes typically involve one or more structured work placements where students have the opportunity to further their training in the work place. Assessment in all courses is competency-based and successful completion of units entitles students to Stage 1 credit towards the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET).
Taminmin College RTO promotes a wide range of courses making it the largest school-based RTO in the Northern Territory.
Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by Taminmin College are recognised by RTOs in all Australian states and Territories. Taminmin College recognises Qualifications and Statements of Attainment issued by RTO’s in all Australian states and Territories.
Taminmin College is committed to integrating Access and Equity principles within all our services that we provide to our clients. All staff recognise the rights of students / clients and provide information, advice and support that is consistent with our Mission Statement and organisation values and our Code of Practice.
• Gaining competencies leading to the award of a certificate recognised anywhere in Australia
• Successful completion of competencies entitles students to Stage 1 credit towards the Northern Territory Certificate of Education and Training (NTCET)
• Developing skills and knowledge as valued in the workplace
• Exposure to potential employers through structured work placements
• Increasing confidence and communication skills through learning in a work environment