Parent-teacher interviews occur in Term 1 and 3 of each year using the Parent Teacher On-Line (PTO) software. For Term 1 the interviews will be held on Tuesday 28th March from 3.40 to 6.10pm. The PTO database will be open for parents to access from Tuesday 21st March. Teachers have made recommendations in the PTO for students whose parents they wish to see.
Using this system you will be able to book the interview times that suit you best from any internet-connected computer. A computer will be available in the library during school hours if you do not have internet access at home or elsewhere. The interviews are programmed for 10 minutes each.
To access the system:
- Click the PTO icon as shown here
- IF EMAIL ACCESS TO PINS IS USED ... Click “Obtain PIN/Password” and enter your email address. Your PIN will be emailed to you. IF “Include clickable login link in email” is turned ON … The email you receive will include a link that can be clicked on to log straight into PTO, bypassing the login screen.
- OTHERWISE ... Enter your surname and PIN, provided on the attached slip
Full instructions are provided to you after log in. Please note the following points:
- When you log on, the system displays only your own child/children. Bookings are made for individual parents/guardians, not for couples. Couples can however log on to the system simultaneously to coordinate bookings. If two parents/guardians wish to attend a single interview time slot, one parent/guardian should make the booking then both can attend.
- You will only see time slots that are available at the time you are using the system. As time slots are booked for teachers, those time slots are no longer displayed as available. PTO prevents double-booking of teachers or parents/guardians.
- When you have made all the bookings you require, you can download or email a report of your bookings in time order for printing.
- If you see an exclamation mark in a circle, displayed along side the class name, it means this teacher recommends that you book an interview.
- Other parents may be making bookings at the same time that you are using the system. It is possible, though unlikely, that a time slot is displayed to you as available, but is then booked by another parent shortly afterwards. If you then attempt to book this time slot it will not be available and a message will be displayed to indicate this.
- If you encounter any problems using PTO please contact the school office by phone on 89837000, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are sure the system will be of benefit to students, parents and staff. Any feedback you may wish to provide will be most welcome.